Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Introduction about Myself

Hello everyone!!! My name is Wendy. I am a junior at Saint Peter’s College. I am double majoring in Elementary Education and Biology. Well yes, the Biology is the toughest major of the two because I have to take chemistry. After my experience in the Sophomore Field, I feel that I would like to teach second grade. I loved all the students they were all very cute, and I still miss them! However, I am undecided about whether being an elementary school teacher, or being a middle school teacher. I am considering in taking extra classes to obtain a certification in mathematics.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Hi Wendy!

Thanks for your introduction.

Your future educational experiences will guide you to either middle or elementary school. However, you can also teach both during your career. That may be an option. So, if you are undecided...think about getting dual certified in elementary and secondary certification in mathematics. There is no reason not to be "over-certified"!

I look forward to a great semester!

Michelle said...

I have to say, more power to you for venturing into science and mathematics; I'm not a good student at either. The world needs better science and math teachers so hopefully you'll do the world a favor and pursue one of those subjects.
-- Michelle