Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Reflecting about the Lesson Presentations

I have enjoyed all the lessons, because in every lesson I am learning new things that I could apply in the future in a classroom. Everybody is doing a great job. I especially like the fact that everyone is incorporating some type of Multiple Intelligence, like visuals, music, and videos into their lessons. I liked everybody’s lessons, but what I liked the most was that in Jaclyn's lesson on Tuesday, she introduced the traffic light to aid her in the classroom behavior. Honestly, I thought about misbehaving, but at the same time, I did not want to see my name in yellow or red light. It reminded me of my sophomore field when the teacher used this same method for those students who misbehaved. Just by looking at the traffic light, you could see which were the students who were always in green light and those who were continuously misbehaving. These methods are very significant because they can change the dynamic of a classroom. I remember how the second graders complained about not wanting to move their pin to a different light color once they have misbehaved. It is great that Dr. Luongo has incorporated the behavioral cards, so that we can realize that a classroom can be fun but also challenging. Also this experience can give us a picture of the things that we can expect in a classroom. Personally I am enjoying my education classes because I feel that my mind has awakened to new things. Education can be fun, but it all depends in how we approach the objectives. Being a teacher, is to be continuously learning to fulfill a curious mind that is in seek of knowledge, and new experiences.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

The stop light was a great technique. Remember it to use in your first classroom!